You can use the website settings dialog to manage the name, domain/subdomain name, tags, favicon, social image, and password protection for your website. This window also contains controls for publishing and unpublishing your site.
You can open this window via the "Studio" dropdown menu in the top toolbar.
- Website Name: The title of your website within the Brandcast Design Studio. This has no bearing on the metadata of your published site.
- Subdomain Name: Your website's address under the .brandcast.com subdomain. This is typically used while sharing prototypes and testing index versions of your website.
- Custom Domain Name: Your website's address purchased through your domain registrar.
- Website Description: The description of your website within the Brandcast design studio. This has no bearing on the metadata of your published site.
- Publish Website: When initially clicked, this button will publish your website.
- View Live Site: Once your site has been published, this will open a live version of your website in a new tab.
- Unpublish: This will unpublish your website so it will no longer be accessible online. Note that this will not delete your website.
This is the small image which appears at top left of your URL bar in the web browser, and on the browser tabs.
Can click "Add Image" to upload a favicon, or use the "folder" button to add an image from your Media Library. Click "Remove Image" to remove it.
Favicons are 32x32 pixels in size. You can learn more about how to create them here.
This is the image that is displayed when sharing a link to a website page on social media. You can click "Add Image" to upload a social image, and "Remove Image" to remove it.
You can enable password protection for your website here. To turn it on, check Password Protect and then enter the username and password that visitors will have to enter before they can access the site.
Website Username is case sensitive and needs to be at least one alphanumeric character in any combination.
Website Password is case sensitive and needs to be at least 8 characters long and can be made up of any combination alphanumeric or punctuation.
Robots Meta Tags
- Index: Checking the "index" box allows search engines to crawl and index your page, thus allowing your page to show up in search results. This can be done either at the website level or at the page level. Your page and site are set to be indexed by default.
- Follow: Checking the "follow" box allows search engines to crawl the adjoining pages of your website. Unchecking this box effectively tells search engines not to crawl to the next page. This is typically used to describe unsponsored vs. sponsored links.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager can be used to manage tracking tags, pixels, and beacons on your Brandcast sites. If you have proprietary code snippets or integrations that are not yet offered by Brandcast, this is the best way to add them to your Brandcast sites safely.
Read more about using Google Tag Manager with your Brandcast website in this article.