Brandcast’s new web hosting platform on AWS includes the following upgrades, at no additional charge to our customers:
1. Lightning fast websites. Brandcast websites are now hosted on CloudFront, which is the world’s leading CDN that uses a global network of 216 Points of Presence (205 Edge Locations and 11 Regional Edge Caches) in 84 cities across 42 countries. This enables delivering content to end users with lower latency - i.e., lightning-fast websites.
2. Auto-renewing SSL certificates (for guaranteed website encryption). SSL certificates don't expire because Brandcast now uses ACM for its SSL certificates and they automatically renew every year.
3. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection. Brandcast now uses AWS Shield that defends against the most common, frequently occurring network and transport layer DDoS attacks that target websites.
4. High security and availability. With CloudFront there are no servers to manage that can be broken into or go down.
5. Capability to quickly resolve issues with any customers’ websites. The new AWS system is completely programmable because Brandcast uses “edge computing” (specifically Lambda@Edge); this includes a globally distributed database to enable making network changes via our proprietary API are fast and transparent.