Your page name and page slug are very important to consider when thinking of the experience you want your user to have.
- Page Name: This will appear in search results, your sitemap, and the tab on your browser.
- Page Slug: This allows you to adjust the URL slug for your page, which is a very important part of markup and SEO. The page slug is the remainder of your URL after the root domain: yourdomain.com/this-is-a-page-slug
There are a few different reasons why you might need to change/adjust your page name and page slug, including:
- You duplicated a page and need to update the page name and slug.
- You decided you want your page name to be more descriptive that your page slug, or vice versa.
- You decided to rename the entire page
The easiest way to check to see if your page slugs are what you want them to be is to go to list view in your site map and look at the list provided. Each line will include the page name at top and the slug underneath.
Here are the following ways you can update your page name and slug:
1. From your page
Open up the page you wish to edit, then go to Studio > Page Settings and you'll be able to update the page name, slug, and description along with a few other settings.
2. From your site map
In your site map, select the page you'd like to edit, and in the upper right hand corner click on the pencil icon to edit the page settings.
3. From list view
You have a few options to get to your page settings panel from here. If you click on any of the page names, you'll see a pencil icon appear next to it. You can click on that to edit the page name.
You are also able to select the site and click on the pen in the upper right hand corner like you did in the site map.