Congratulations! You’ve designed and built your site in Brandcast. Is it ready to go live? Prepare yourself for a successful launch by answering the following questions with your Customer Success Manager:
- Is this site a brand new site or will you be transferring your domain from a different hosting service?
• New Site = Easy launch. No downtime and not likely to need the help of Brandcast Engineering team support.
• Domain Transfer = More complicated launch. It is likely there will be some downtime as the DNS (Domain Name System) transfers. Brandcast Engineering team support should be on standby. We recommend doing this kind of launch during low traffic hours (e.g., after business hours).
- If this is a time-sensitive launch, have you agreed on the date and time for the launch?
• Make sure the date and time is agreed upon in advance so Brandcast can make sure a support team member is available to troubleshoot any issues that might come up.
• If there are changes in your launch plan, just let us know so we can accommodate your new date.
- Have you set up the appropriate redirects? If any URLs are changing in your new site, you will need redirects to be set up properly before switching the DNS so that your site does not have any dead links.
- Have you updated your custom domain in the website settings and published your website before making DNS changes? There is no harm in this and ensures less downtime when switching DNS settings.
- Have you been introduced to the support team member that will be on hand to assist with your launch? If not, send us a note so we can introduce you.
As always, if you have any questions, we’re here to help. We can’t wait to see all the amazing web content you create with Brandcast. Get ready and go live!