Note, this feature requires Brandcast for Salesforce version 1.27 or higher. If you do not see this functionality in your Brandcast component, please contact email@example.com for an updated package.
Link Tracking lets you to create links for individual contacts so that you can monitor their visits to your websites created from Salesforce. If you send out a link without tracking the events will still be captured, but they will show up as anonymous visits.
1) Create a website using the Brandcast for Salesforce app. You can get documentation on how to do this here.
2) Once the site is created you must publish the site to get the url for the site
3) Go to the Brandcast component and click on the dropdown menu and select "Manage Unique URLs"
4) From here you will see all of the Contacts associated with the account. Note: if you do not see your desired recipient, you will need to add them as a contact on the account first before generating a link.
5) Click on the button titled "Create URL". The button will change to a clipboard, allowing you to copy the unique url that is generated:
6) Copy that link into email, text or any other means of sharing with your prospect. NOTE: DO NOT CLICK OR VISIT THAT URL YOURSELF. Doing so will make your visits to the site show up as your prospect. You can always visit the site by clicking the URL in the Brandcast component if you need to preview the site.
7) Within a minute or two of someone visiting the unique link, activities will begin to be logged to the contact record as tasks. Each message includes the person visiting, the page they visited, and the time that they visited the page. These can be seen on the contact record that you created the site for:
8) These events will also roll up to the Account level and aggregated along with any other activity on the account.
In addition to using this 1:1 tracking you can also use any other analytics, marketing, or engagement technologies on sites created using the Brandcast for Salesforce app. To do this you need to add the code snippets to the template in the Brandcast design studio. All new websites created from that template will automatically contain these code snippets. You can find documentation about how to integrate these technologies from within Brandcast here.